[Alberg30] Main Halyard

Christos Katehis GreekSailor at worldnet.att.net
Mon Apr 21 07:20:47 PDT 2003

Larry ,

What you are saying definitely makes sense! I will go up the mast this
afternoon and will examine the probability of what you mentioned and the
condition of the sheave; I will take pictures as well and we'll take it from
there.

Chris
Kasia #383

Chris,

The chafe is probably occuring because the wire has damaged the surface of
the sheeve through years of use.  The reason you see at the second reef poit
is because with the halyard lowered that far down the mast it is subjected
to more vibration from the high wind conditions.  I would replace the sheeve
and stay with the all line halyard.  It is more reliable in the long run.

Fair Winds

Larry Morris
Solstice #501