[Alberg30] Yanmar 2GM20 Flexible Engine Mounts

FINNUS505 at aol.com FINNUS505 at aol.com
Tue Apr 22 08:24:43 PDT 2003

In a message dated 4/21/03 8:53:03 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
RABBIT649 at aol.com writes:

<< best soution I
 ever heard to the engine mounting problem is the type of mount that allows
 the engine to 'float'. The complication is that these mounts do not permit
 the transmission of forward thrust throught he engine itself. Instead, the
 prop shaft pushes against a thrust bearing mounted in a short piece of heavy
 angle iron glassed across the inside of the tail of the boat and the engine

Hi Paul,

this sounds like a good solution. Glassing in the iron sounds like more than
I want to get into this season though, with everything else that must be done
before I can sail. I think this year I will just replace the missing mount,
but will consider this more permanent, and better, engine mounting system
next year.

thx,
Lee