[Alberg30] re: twings

Mike Lehman sail_505 at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 24 08:37:59 PDT 2003

I have two cars on my main genoa track. One is shoved all the way forward. I
attach a large snatch block that I can move from one side to the other. When
needed I lead the guy through the snatch block to gain more control. I would
caution anyone planning to use the inner tracks on the newer style boats for
any heavy work. I would put some backing plates under these before using
them. I removed mine entirely due to lack of use and to eliminate a toe
stubber. When I did, I ground down the glass spacer to make the deck flush.
I found numerous voids under the glass space which I filled with epoxy, and
was relieved that I never used them.

Mike Lehman
"Gilleleje" #505