[Alberg30] Wheel Advantages

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Tue Apr 29 06:37:03 PDT 2003

I've heard of people making a folding tiller (just past the attachment
point for the autopilot) but I don't know the details.

I made a small bronze plate with a hole that fits the nubbin on the
tiller head.  This then holds the tiller up at an angle which allows it
to clear the knees of the people sitting in the forward half of the
cockpit.  It also puts it at the right height for my autopilot without
the need for any brackets on the tiller.

  - George

Christos Katehis wrote:
> I love the tiller for day sailing as well; however, I do extensive cruising
> and find that the tiller kills a lot of space, especially if there is a 3rd
> person aboard.
>
> Sometimes I wish I could fold the tiller somehow.....

   Hope your road is a long one.                        George Dinwiddie
   May there be many summer mornings when,       gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
   with what pleasure, what joy,                 http://www.Alberg30.org
   you enter harbors you're seeing for the first time;
                                            from 'Ithaka' by C.P. Cavafy