[Alberg30] Long shaft

FINNUS505 at aol.com FINNUS505 at aol.com
Thu Apr 10 20:49:54 PDT 2003

Hey,

Thanks to everyone for the advice on the prop/shaft problem.

I borrowed a prop puller today, and was able to free the prop, but there was
not enough clearance to get it by the rudder, no matter which side I held the
rudder to, rotated the blades, etc. The yard mechanic thought the shaft was a
good inch and 1/4 too long. Oh well. It's a bronze shaft, so using the
technique shared by Mike, I'll get the coupling off of it, and shorten the
shaft with my sawzall,  Then I should be able to remove the prop, and then
get the shaft out. I'll  get the key groove extended by the machine shop guys
at the yard. If the shaft is worn, obviously (even to me) I'll replace it.

Thx again for all the advice. I'm sure I'll need more as (if) this project
progress'. :)

Lee