[Alberg30] Main Halyard

FINNUS505 at aol.com FINNUS505 at aol.com
Tue Apr 22 08:34:33 PDT 2003

In a message dated 4/21/03 10:15:16 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
larmor at myexcel.com writes:

<< The chafe is probably occuring because the wire has damaged the surface of
 the sheeve through years of use.  >>
Are you sure the chafe is from the sheave, and not the aluminum retaining
plates on either side of the sheave?

When I replaced the sheave, I also replaced the plates, as they were badly
pitted. Unfortunately, I never had a chance to see how it all worked, as that
was when I had to stop working on the boat. We'll see this season!!!!!

Lee