[Alberg30] your help is requested

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Tue Aug 19 20:23:39 PDT 2003

I think it's healthy for the list if such things are discussed.  I don't
have any problem with people asking you about things they need or with
you responding on the list.  I don't even have a problem with you
mentioning a special deal that you've found that might be of interest to
A30 sailors.  I don't want the list to become overly commercial, of
course, and I think that taking the transaction off the list is a good
idea, as you and Brian have done.

To be honest, I thought long and hard before putting the advertising on
the emails.  I rationalize it that (1) it's stuff that's of interest to
A30 sailors and (2) it's to defray the cost of running the site and
mailing list.

As it is, I think we've got a comfortable corner of cyberspace.  I don't
mind a little commerce taking place; I just don't want it overrun by
hucksters and spammers.  So far, I don't think that's likely.

  - George

   I think how evening follows morn;            gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
   So many I love were not yet born.
                                             'The Middle' by Ogden Nash