[Alberg30] Zinc Anode location

Michael dickdurk at intercom.net
Thu Aug 28 03:14:26 PDT 2003

The Yanmar 2QM has two zincs, forward and aft on the upper block. They are
pencil zincs mounted on the inside of big plugs on which 20 mm. or so
wrenches fit on a four sided bolt head. I have a Sendure heat exchanger on
which a pencil zinc is also mounted-If you have freshwater cooling  you'uve
probably got one in that system as well.

I'm not sure if the GM series is 'factory issue' freshwater cooling. If it
is, that would explain why no zinc. There is almost certainly one on the
heat exchanger, though. It's saltwater that is the electrolyte.

Michael