[Alberg30] Dismasting of Matchmaker.

Gordon LACO mainstay at csolve.net
Mon Dec 1 08:02:24 PST 2003

Hello -

We do use the bolt but mainly to anchor the stainless steel bale that the
vang lands down on.  I don't imagine it adds anything to the security of the
rig... in fact it has occured to me that if the rig ever did go down the
presence of that bolt would make things worse by allowing the mast to want
to tear the step out of the deck on its way down.

Gord
#426 Surprise