[Alberg30] Re: Lost prop zinc?

Randy Katz randyk at bertschi.org
Mon Feb 3 16:28:47 PST 2003

Greetings, All,
    I'm wondering, has anyone found that a prop zinc can be let go by
sudden, or lots of, reverse engine running?  I just put on a new one several
weeks ago and now it's completely missing (screw too).

    I did have to do some fancy manuevering to get out of the slip with that
hard S wind 2 weeks ago-- could those bursts of reverse have caused the
screw to unturn?

    On the subject-- isn't a screw and lockwasher the best way to put the
thing on in the first place?  Better to use a bolt for more torque during
application?

    Any thoughts appreciated.

Randy Katz
Seattle,WA