[Alberg30] 1978 Alberg 30

Yves Parenteau yves at epcga.com
Wed Feb 19 04:18:04 PST 2003

Good morning everyone,

I'm from Ottawa Canada and I have done all my sailing on the Ottawa River
and St-Lawrence seaway.  I'm 32 years old and my wife and I have decided to
try an attempt circumnavigation.   We are giving ourself no time limit to
accomplish this but are on a limited budget.  I am looking to spend around
25kCDN for a 30' and ready to spend an additional 15 to 20k to make it as
seaworthy as a 30' fiberglass hull can be.  After months of research my #1
choice at this point is an Alberg 30.  I realize that this is not the most
spacious and comfortable boat in the range of 30', but from what I've
gathered this boat is capable of offshore sailing. I've located a 1978
Alberg, hull #626 and would appreciate any feed back.  Please don't mind my
writing skills, I'm French.

Thank You in advance

Cheers,

Yves Parenteau