[Alberg30] Caulk, and teak oil

Gail DeMoss gdemoss at alberg30.org
Sun Feb 2 08:36:41 PST 2003

I have used Cetol and Armada.  The original Cetol I used was advertised as a
porch/deck coating.  It was great stuff and lasted a long time.  It did turn the
teak dark.  When I switched to Armada it was chemically compatible with Cetol
but the color was MUCH lighter.  I stripped the teak completely down and have
been using Armada.  It doesn't last as long but the color is nice.  DO NOT use
Armada 2000.  It does not last even 6 weeks!  It must be used within a few days
of openiing the can.  You must pour it into a smaller container and quickly seal
the original can.  It turns to bubble gum texture quickly and is hard to apply
if you expose too much to the air.  It bubbled and lifted off properly prepared
new teak and old teak.  It is BAD NEWS.  TLC of teak is really very enjoyable
when I have the time and energy to do it.  Of course nothing is as beautiful as
old fashioned varnish.
Gail Dinwiddie
Calypso #543

UPDATED: http://alberg30.org/store/AbeBooks.html