[Alberg30] Oday portlght removal

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Tue Feb 4 06:38:04 PST 2003

Matt,

I've always found that a 4" grinder gives me better control than a chain
saw, or even a circular saw.  There's less fiberglass to replace.

Are you trying to salvage the frames?  Are they metal frames?  Can you
gain any access from the outside?

 From the description you've given so far, I think I'd take a small
sharp chisel and work my way around the perimiter of the frame, trying
to break the bond between the frame and the cabin.

  - George

Matthew Blaine wrote:
> Hi I am trying to re bed the portlites in my Oday 22 circa 1972. I
> have done this on GRACE (A 30 #352) but unlike the quality
> construction and design on Albergs I have discovered that when you
> unscrew the interior portlight frame there is another frame with the
> Plexiglas in it that appears to be glued directly into the boat. Any
> suggestions on removing them short of a chain saw?

   Hope your road is a long one.                        George Dinwiddie
   May there be many summer mornings when,       gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
   with what pleasure, what joy,                 http://www.Alberg30.org
   you enter harbors you're seeing for the first time;
                                            from 'Ithaka' by C.P. Cavafy

UPDATED: http://alberg30.org/store/AbeBooks.html