[Alberg30] tiller tamer

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Tue Feb 4 10:14:48 PST 2003

Mike,

I've used a line (or a bungee) to secure the tiller to the cleats at the
secondary winches, but my experience is that the boat has very well
balanced for this to work more than 10 or 15 seconds.  I recommend an
autopilot.

  - George

Hiesener, Michael wrote:
> I'm looking for an easy way to temporarily lash the tiller while
> raising/lowering sails, or while sailing in order assist my wife in the
> maintenance and support of a toddler and infant.
>
> Has anyone used the Davis Tiller Tamer or devised a quick and effective
> method of lashing the tiller in place amidships?  I suppose a small horn
> cleat would work as well.

   Hope your road is a long one.                        George Dinwiddie
   May there be many summer mornings when,       gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
   with what pleasure, what joy,                 http://www.Alberg30.org
   you enter harbors you're seeing for the first time;
                                            from 'Ithaka' by C.P. Cavafy

UPDATED: http://alberg30.org/store/AbeBooks.html