[Alberg30] Re: yanmar 2gm or 3gm that is the question !!

RABBIT649 at aol.com RABBIT649 at aol.com
Fri Feb 14 19:01:33 PST 2003

In a message dated 2/14/2003 5:51:35 PM Eastern Standard Time,
JBrouss667 at aol.com writes:

> I have recently received a very good quote for a 2gm and a 3gm I would love
> to hear anything regarding the 3gm. I understand and appreciate the 2gm
> fans
> out there but would like to hear from a 3gm owner due to the fact that the
> 3gm will only be about $850 mare thanks in advance
>

> john hull 72

Had a good friend who put a 3gm in a magnificently rebuilt Alberg, and he was
happy, but he really had to shoehorn it in and in the end,  he said the
increase in speed was marginal (due to hull speed limitations) and with that
smidge more of speed came and increase in noise and vibration over people he
knew (like me) that had a 2gm, and a decrease in accessibility to different
parts of the engine. Tough little engine the 2gm. Never failed anyone I know
who has it.
To those who would put in a 3gm, I say: "There is more engineering under
Heaven and at Sea than is dreamt of in your philosophy, Horatio."
Paul
#23 Ashwagh

UPDATED: http://alberg30.org/store/AbeBooks.html