[Alberg30] Fw: America's Cup On ESPN2

R.C. Alley ralley at chesapeake.net
Sat Feb 15 08:36:38 PST 2003

And, I remember some years ago about hearing of a bent boom that was
straightened between 2 trees with a block and tackle, and raced the next
morning.  Lets hear it for simple, sturdy engineering........

Looks to me like the AC folks need to come up with a real set of minimum
strength and durability standards for basic equipment used in their races.
We know that the design practices and equipment used on AC boats trickles
down eventually to commercially made, mass produced boats for the weekend
duffer.  God help new boat buyers in 2010.