[Alberg30] Fw: America's Cup On ESPN2

Gordon LACO mainstay at csolve.net
Sat Feb 15 08:47:45 PST 2003

on 2/15/03 10:36 AM, Kevin Blanc at t.k.blanc at att.net wrote:

> And we'd be more relaxed, with more beer on board.
>
> Mike Lehman wrote:
>
>> We should mount an A30 challenge to the America's Cup. The rules would have
>> to be modified slightly, like minimum winds for the race - 20 knots. I am
>> sure we could be those expensive high-tech guys just by finishing while they
>> break apart.

Right on!

I won a distance race once in my old 1947 Folkboat "Touch Wood"... in the
spinnaker reach to the finish in Kingston, Ontario the fleet (including a 40
footer) came galloping up and over us as we slogged along - then when the
puffs jumped the 20+ kt wind to over 30 they all rounded up doing chinese
gibes.   We trudged along, caught up and went by them as they sorted out.
The same thing happened three times - we all laughed about it after.

Have I mentioned that I loved that boat?   Last I heard of her she had done
the Intercoastal going south and was leaving Lauderdale for Bimini.  Anybody
on the US East coast seen her?

I missed the America's Cup race last night - sounds like I should have tried
harder to see it.

Gord KC426 Surprise

UPDATED: http://alberg30.org/store/AbeBooks.html