[Alberg30] America's Cup race 4

Larry Morris larmor at myexcel.com
Wed Feb 26 06:58:25 PST 2003

Sorry, I have been out of town for a few days but here are my thoughts on
this subject.

Lets remember the agenda of the Royal New Zealand Yacht Squadron Race
Committee( retention of the Americas Cup).  This is not a case of
incompetent/inexperienced Race Officers, but a desire to give the defender
the best opportunity to win  with in the bounds of fair play. They could
careless about the television audiance, that does not put any adittional
money in to the local coffers.  Nobody has a greater home field advantage
than the defender of the Americas Cup.  This kind of manipulation of the
process has been going on throughout the history of the event.  Does anyone
remember the Catamaran defense. They realize that Alinghi Has a tactical
advantage, so they are going to try as best they can to make this a boat
speed contest in order to give Team NZ the best chance to win.  It's as
simple as that!

Fair Winds

Larry Morris
Solstice #501