[Alberg30] Replacement fuel tanks?

EddieDiver at aol.com EddieDiver at aol.com
Sat Feb 22 15:13:13 PST 2003

On Emotional Rescue, #303, we have a semi-translucent plastic diesel fuel
tank. Unfortunately, it is only 9 inches deep by 48 inches long. When the
fuel tank is allowed to get only 1/2 full and there are any waves, the
suction tube to the 1st filter sucks air and the engine stops.

Has anyone placed an additional small tank below the top tank? Sort of a sump
that would be always full. Does anyone have a website for plastic fuel tanks?
Any alternate ideas on how to prevent air from entering line? Thanks, Ed.
Schroeder

 |     New England Ropes on Sale;  EXAMPLE: 1/2 inch Sta-Set only 51 cents per foot     |
 | http://www.myaffiliateprogram.com/u/sailnet/t.asp?id=1066&p=store/item.cfm?pid=25719 |