[Alberg30] engine pan

J Bergquist j at ship.saic.com
Fri Jan 10 14:27:29 PST 2003

Okay I got another question...

Another thing I want to do is install a drip pan beneath my engine (I do
not have a hull liner). Right now, the engine leaks a little oil from
the rear seal. I am going to pull it out and fix the seal in February.
When I do that, I want to install a drip pan beneath it so that I can
make sure that nothing falls from the engine into the bilge (I like my
bilges very very clean, as I expect most people do...) Has anybody done
this? Currently, I am thinking to just epoxy/glass 4 blocks of hardwood
to the hull, then drill holes in them and bolt a piece of 1/2" plywood,
cut to shape, to fit there beneath the engine. I will waterproof the
plywood and then put an oil-dry pad on top of it. I figure this should
help me keep my bilges clean. Any recommendations or ideas?

Thanks!

J Bergquist
Calliope #287

Looking for a hard-to-find or out-of-print book?  Or just any book, but
looking for a good deal on a used book?  Check the Advanced Book Exchange,
one of my personal favorite online stores!
http://alberg30.org/store/AbeBooks.html