[Alberg30] winch handles

Dave Terrell DTERRELL at message.nmc.edu
Mon Jan 20 10:09:44 PST 2003

My boat has a set of old classic bronze (I almost wrote old-fashioned)
winches. I am referring to the aft set of winches. No winch handles came
with the boat. The part of the winch handle that would insert into the
winch would have a flat piece of bar stock with a spring device to keep
the handle in  place.

My question is twofold: 1) what is the size of the winch? 2) where can
one get a "new" winch handle?

Are there any thoughts on making one? it does not seem too difficult.

 I think Thomas Hardware in Detroit area might have them, but what
other souces are there out there for them. I want to avoid paying an arm
and a leg for one.

Looking for a hard-to-find or out-of-print book?  Or just any book, but
looking for a good deal on a used book?  Check the Advanced Book Exchange,
one of my personal favorite online stores!
http://alberg30.org/store/AbeBooks.html