[Alberg30] boom vangs and Joe #499

Henry Hilliard island_light at lycos.com
Fri Jan 24 05:57:26 PST 2003

Hello Alberg Org.,

I am a new owner of #394 and I have been listening and learning in the back for a while. I am most appreciative of George and all the rest of you for the tremendous resource you collectively offer. I've been trolling the archives for answers to many of my questions that have not come up since I've been on and now with the doldrums upon us I suppose it's as good a time as any to enter into the fray...

I have not used a boom vang and could possibly purchase one (non-rigid Schaeffer #1100 ? "$75 like new") and would be interested in some thoughts pro/ con  re: rigid/ non.

Also, I came a cross a spectacular picture of Joe? sailing #499 "One Less Travelled"? in warm waters? while surfing some months ago and cannot retrieve the origin. Does anyone know of his/ her whereabouts, I'd like contact him? Photo attached to warm the frost-bitten souls of sailors like me on the coast of Maine.

Thank you,
Henry Hilliard
#394 Celeste

Looking for a hard-to-find or out-of-print book?  Or just any book, but
looking for a good deal on a used book?  Check the Advanced Book Exchange,
one of my personal favorite online stores!
http://alberg30.org/store/AbeBooks.html