[Alberg30] Instruments

Alfredo nj95gxe at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 1 16:14:57 PST 2003

Bill,

Free Spirit came equiped with Nexus 3000 system instruments (speed,

average boat speed, trip, water temp. and many, many more.)

The System has 2 heads and one of them is all wind data.

The system is quiet amazing and I’m barely using it 20% of its full potential.

It interfaces with the GPS and autopilot as well. I will definitely put it trough its passes next racing season.

I truly don’t have any experience with any other systems.

But, I’m sure others here do.

Brian, the previous owner of Free Spirit occasionally reads this list.

He would be more apt to answer any specifics. Including installation process.

Good Luck in your research.

 A.
http://community.webshots.com/photo/38734843/38735108PdSuLN

 Bill Blevins <billblevins at mac.com> wrote:What advice can you give on boat instrumentation? What do you use? Pros / cons to it?

I'm researching now and probably going to start with depth and speed but would like to later add wind data. I have a handheld GPS that is great at the moment for course and speed but it's not connected to anything else.

(I also have a regular and hand-bearing compass - both non-digital).

Bill Blevins
Sabrina #158
| http://www.alberg30.org/store/Calendars.html |
| Have you got your 2003 calendars yet???????? |

Include command "unsubscribe
" in subject or body.
Use command "help" for more options.

Licet & Alfredo