[Alberg30] Atomic v/s Buhk

schuylki at vanent.vanebros.com schuylki at vanent.vanebros.com
Sun Jan 5 17:48:13 PST 2003

I stand corrected.

I have a 15 HP Yanmar which I never (except when getting ungrounded or
something) run up to max RPM. I think the secret is the reduction gear,
which allows a bigger wheel, with more pitch. I usually adjust engine speed
to cruise at 5 1/4 knots or so. It can push the boat to over 7 1/2 knots.

Would I like more power when punching into 30 knot winds with a nasty chop?
Yep. Do I want more weight and higher fuel consumption all other times?
Nope.

Michael

 | http://www.alberg30.org/store/Calendars.html |
 | Have you got your 2003 calendars yet???????? |