[Alberg30] Atomic v/s Buhk

Brian and Elaine Timmins timmins at optonline.net
Mon Jan 6 02:16:41 PST 2003

MessageDave,
  I can't really comment on the Bukh deisel since the A30 I had was wquipped with an Atomic4. What no one has mentioned is that the A4 is 30 HP but only at 3000 RPM. At normal running speeds of 15 - 1800 RPM it is considerably less. I forget exactly what the number is but I think it is somewhere around 15 HP. If the Bukh is running near it's capacity (which is good for deisels) the difference between the two is not that great. Of course, that would also mean that there isn't a lot of reserve power left in the Bukh. On the A4 side, there isn't a lot of reserve power either since most boats (almost all A4 installations) can't rev up much higher anyway do to constraints of prop / hull / transmission ratio design.
Brian        ex#497