[Alberg30] mikes employment

J Bergquist j at ship.saic.com
Wed Jan 8 09:26:20 PST 2003

Dan-

my solution:

take a backpack and a burlap sack, and bag your own stuff using the
reusable sacks.

reduce, REUSE, recycle...

That's very common practice in Europe. In fact, grocery stores where I
used to live (in the Netherlands) actually SELL your choice of paper or
plastic disposable bags. They're about 10 cents a pop.... makes for some
serious motivation for people to reuse things.

They also have battery recycling receptacles at every grocery
store...another practice I would like to see common over here.

And they have really usable bicycle paths...so that people can actually
cycle back and forth to their work and on errands.

I'm going to stop before I go on too long and people start calling me a
communist...

Good for you, Mike Lehman! I didn't know you worked for an environmental
protection organization. I'd like to hear about that.

J Bergquist
Calliope #287

Looking for a hard-to-find or out-of-print book?  Or just any book, but
looking for a good deal on a used book?  Check the Advanced Book Exchange, one of
my personal favorite online stores!
http://alberg30.org/store/AbeBooks.html