[Alberg30] Roller Furling on head sail

R.C. Alley ralley at chesapeake.net
Sat Jan 18 13:11:35 PST 2003

Several of us did a group buy of Profurls a few years back.  I have been
very happy with mine, although I would get the next larger size were I to do
it again--the drum on the R-25 (I think this is right) is smallish when
furling the big jenoas, and some folks modified the furling line so it took
up less space in the drum.  The unit is sealed, sturdy, and idiotproof.  At
the time, one of the US reps had an Alberg--he may still be a member of the
CBAODA.
I don't remember the price, but it was very good.  The drum cage design was
changed soon thereafter, and we may have had the benefit of old stock
clearance.
Rob Alley