[Alberg30] Doldrums

Dave Terrell DTERRELL at message.nmc.edu
Wed Jan 22 13:36:22 PST 2003

I will be doing this this spring. My answers, based on putting a solid
vang on a previous boat, is.

a) yes - I think I will make the boom stationary on its track. This
will allow the cylinder of the vang be just the right length so it can
do its job properly and have the right amount of tension on the spring
in the cylinder.

b) I did have a cunningham. I do not know if it was necessary but it
was very useful.

b) I am not sure I understand this one. I think you could make the
cunningham with one cheek block and a cleat or a cam cleat. As I
recollect it, what I had was probably a lot more complicated that it
needed to be. This time I will go for simplicity.

>>> greeksailor at att.net 01/22/03 04:12PM >>>
It seemes that as the further the temperature is dropping so is the
list
activity. In case you feel the same way I feel and you want to check to
see if
you are still on the list, please answer me this question:

After the installation of a rigid boom vang;

A) Did you make your boom sationary on its track?
B) Was a cunningham neccesary?
B) Do you have blocks / purchase for the cuningham?

stay warm,
Chris Katehis
Kasia #383

Looking for a hard-to-find or out-of-print book?  Or just any book, but

looking for a good deal on a used book?  Check the Advanced Book
Exchange,
one of my personal favorite online stores!
http://alberg30.org/store/AbeBooks.html