[Alberg30] Pictures of Alberg30's

RABBIT649 at aol.com RABBIT649 at aol.com
Tue Jan 28 13:28:34 PST 2003

It's easy to see from this how two people with the best intentions can get
into a conflict. George has given us something wonderful for many years,
largely out of a sense of communal generousity. Bill has expertise and
resources and wants to do something similar, with slightly different emphasis
or services.
If I were in George's place, I don't see how I could avoid feeling challenged
or competed with, possibly silently criticized for not offering enough, even
though that clearly isn't Bill's intention. And feelings, anyone's feelings,
but especially the feelings of someone to whom we owe so much are important.
Important, too, are Bill's feelings, about wanting to do something and having
done nothing wrong, but getting all the stonewall treatment from people here.
How to resolve the conflicting needs of good people?
I see only two alternatives that respect both parties. Either Bill politely
goes his way and does his own thing seperately in the god old American spirit
of "building a better mousetrap", or...perhaps, with the added resources that
Bill has at his disposal, the projects can be combined and the ideas Bill has
added to the .org site, or Bill and George work together on a the mutually
linked .com site. Now that might not be easy. To take advantage of the
additional server space/power that Bill's boss is offering, it might be
necessary to move .org or run it under different software, cooperating with
Bill's companie's webmaster, and that kind of conversion may not be easy. But
it is a worthwhile consideration for people to have, adjunt to the main site,
a special little "web berth" for their own boat and it's pictures, problems,
improvements, projects and proud moments, maybe even a small private forum
for each boat and a common index of links for project descriptions and
resources. We would certainly be the first class boat to have that kind of
site sophistication. And, it might result in reducing or eliminating the
undefrayed expenses that George has been picking up.
All I ask is a consideration by both parties of what would be involved and
perhaps a discussion about it here.
At least consider it.
Regards,
Paul Cicchetti