[Alberg30] Atomic v/s Buhk

chrishardy chrishardy at tds.net
Mon Jan 6 06:57:22 PST 2003

I think there is a power to rpm curve in the a 4 owners manual.   I
never run my a-4 over 1800 and usually cruise at 1200- 1500 rpm turning
a 12x6 two blade . It pushes the boat at 4.5 to 5.5 knots getting very
good economy. The gas engine is very smooth. I would consider a new or
recent diesel installation an upgrade, an old worn out or poorly done
diesel install would not. All things being equal if I was looking at two
identical boats one with a worn-out buhk and one with a worn out A-4- I
would choose the buhk because after a rebuild the boat with a diesel is
more valuable. .....