[Alberg30] boom vangs and Joe #499

greeksailor at att.net greeksailor at att.net
Fri Jan 24 11:34:57 PST 2003

Jay,

I bought model " RV 20-1 28-33 ft " . I paid for it at the Atlantic City show
and they will ship it as soon as I get the measurements.

The measurements they need are as follows:

Take a solder wire and shape it around the bottom haplf of the boom.

Do the same at the bottom most part of the mast where the vang plate will
attach.

Then trace the solder wire on to paper; from this they will custom make the two
attachment plates

Then measure from the bottom of the gooseneck to the lowermost place on the
mast where the vang plate will go. (this is the tricky part, see below)

Mail or fax your 2 sketches and one measurement and youre done.

The only catch is that you have to wait for a nice day to raise the mainsail,
lower the gooseneck to the most downward position you want it to be and then
get the 3rd measurement mentioned above. Their turn around time is 1 week and
the product looked very good at the show.

Chris

PS Looking for working SSB for sale.