[Alberg30] Auto Helm

RReitz6289 at aol.com RReitz6289 at aol.com
Thu Jul 10 15:12:37 PDT 2003

I have an Auto Helm ST 4000 with wheel auto pilot,. I recently found that the
bulkhead mounted compass remained at 243 degrees. In opening the electronic
compass in the lower part of the boat I found five wires of which 3 were
disconnected from the lugs. Reading from left to right the red is attached to the
second lug, the yellow is attached to the third lug, It appears the green was
attached to the forth lug, the blue seems to also have been attached to the
forth, with the blank ( ground ? ) attached to the fifth as there is no solder on
the sixth lug. Making me believe nothing was attached to that lug. I would
appreciate verification as to the correct location of the wires.
Thankyou for your help, that I might still save part of this sailing season.
 Ralph Reitz