[Alberg30] Sea Scout

Roger L. Kingsland rkingsland101 at ksba.com
Tue Jul 15 07:39:14 PDT 2003

Michael;

Just to set the record straight, I have no particular dislike for the Sea
Scout.  Since I have never owned a boat with an auxiliary before, I am just
grateful to have a fairly new engine that I hope keeps working so I can go
sailing instead of learning to be a diesel mechanic.

I have heard diesels get better mileage.  I got 15+ MPG on a 73 mile trip
where we motor sailed upwind for about 35 miles (at 1000 RPM) and powered at
1500 RPM [6.5 knots] the rest of the time.  I do want to deal with the noise
by adding some sound insulation in the engine compartment.

All the best,

Roger
A30#184