[Alberg30] Beer-cans on the Chesapeake - Missed Ya

Charles B. Currier cbcurrier at spinrx.com
Sat Jun 14 04:44:05 PDT 2003

My wife an I have now done several iterations on Our Boat Infinity racing
in the Eastport Yacht Club's Beer can series. Last night was one of the
best & I just wanted to let all of you know about it.

EYC races most fridays during the summer and the races are open to all
starting just off David Taylor on the Severn. Just need a boat & pay a
cheap entry fee at the bar(using the EYC Entry form or by mail and
register in PHRF 2 so we can get a one design start ) WE are racing
Infinity (#57) in the most competitive fleet we can get in, the Second
Half of PHRF Racing.  Last night we secured 2nd & might have won it if not
for our tardiness at the start (1 min late due to Eastport Logistical
Errors).

We have been trying to get more Albergs out. The great part about beercans
is that it is not taken too seriously and is a great way to get newbies
involved. One guy single handed with his 2 daughters (4 & 6).

Last Night the wind blew and ultimately got up to around 10-15 with gusts
upt to 25.  Wow what a sail. We flew the chute & cooked around the course.
A 5 leg around the bouys race with a finish at SC1 and a quick beat home.
What  a way to start the weekend.

Depending on the Number of boats there are Fawcetts Polo Shirts for awards
at the bar and all competitors & CREW are welcome to the Bar at Eastport
Yacht Club.

Hope to See more aldogs out there!

--
C.B. Currier