[Alberg30] Removing Toe Rail

Roger L. Kingsland rkingsland101 at ksba.com
Tue Jun 10 06:48:10 PDT 2003

The toe rail on my 1966 (#184) A30 is in OK shape at least in terms of
bedding to the deck.  However, I plan to paint the deck and topsides (for
the first time) and am thinking if ever there was a good time to reinstall
the toe rail, it would be before I paint.

Any suggestions as to the things I should look out for and ways to do the
job efficiently?  Also, has anyone used Bristol Finish.  Their magazine ad
claims no sanding between coats (which can be applied every hour) and 10
times the UV resistance of varnish.  Also says they received an "excellent"
rating from Practical Sailor.

Thanks,

Roger Kingsland