[Alberg30] A30 center of weight

Tom Sutherland sutherlandt at prodigy.net
Mon Jun 16 20:11:39 PDT 2003

Roger,

I do not know the exact point but I can tell you that when I load my A30
on my three axle trailer I try to load it with a the forward part of the
keel (right where it begins to flatten out) about 15 or 18 inches
forward of the center axle.

Or another way to look at it would be to drop a plum line from the aft
end of the forward main cabin window and center this over the center
axle or if a two axle trailer this would fall between the axle.

I hope this has helped a bit.

I will say this. In my experience, it is better to err on the side of
MORE tongue weight rather than less tongue weight. I have been loaded
both ways and more is DEFINITELY better.

Tom S
A30  #412