[Alberg30] HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

quest433 at msn.com quest433 at msn.com
Wed Jun 18 17:51:25 PDT 2003

When you buy a turnbuckle you get all 3 pieces, the barrel, left and right hand threaded pieces.  What you do is through away the piece that's equivalent to the one crimped onto the shroud and use the other 2 pieces, or just use the barrel.  If the reason that your saying you need a new barrel is galling, then the threaded pieces may need replacement too.  Closely inspect the threaded pieces, if there's signs of spalling or galling you might want to buy a dye and see if by chasing the threads you can remove material that will pick-up on the new barrel and gall that one tight.  Its messy but Anti Seize is the best anti-galling lubricant on the market; that's what I use when putting turnbuckles back together.   If you got an old style turnbuckle that you can't match at you ship's store you might look at what Bacon's got used.  They do have a good collection of used turnbuckles.

Jim Mennucci