[Alberg30] Alberg sails and rigging

PELLICK at aol.com PELLICK at aol.com
Sat Jun 21 20:17:25 PDT 2003

Hello Norm,

Where onthe West Coast are you?
I found a sailboat manufacturer that caters to folks doing their own work and
prices are better than any marine store. I replaced the rotted toerail on
Brigadoon with the aluminum rails offered at Cascade yachts - they are through
bolted at the topsides and deck. The setup allows for shroud fastening, which
will eliminate the leaking original chainplates. Oversizing the rigging you have
now doesnot necessary mean a stronger rig. The set is as strong as its
weakest point. Check the chain plates and gussets and replace the 1/4" chainplate
bolts with 5/16" bolts. Good luck with your great boat.

Ciao,

Paul Ellick #210