[Alberg30] Alberg sails and rigging

Brian and Elaine Timmins timmins at optonline.net
Sun Jun 22 06:46:23 PDT 2003

> You can replace the wood under the genoa track with plastic, but also
> consider how long the wood lasted.

I agree with this sentiment. On my landfall 39 cutter, I just removed the
staysail and main traveller tracks last year for free access to the teak
deck seams for recaulking. All three of these tracks were built like this
and I actually had to fight the wood spacer off. Instead of buying new
tracks or finding the right plastic for replacement, I cut a teak board to
make new spacers. Easy, cheap (I had the teak), and follows the original
design concept and appearance.
The original spacer lasted 20 years in perfect condition. By the time the
new spacer goes bad, I won't care anymore.
Brian    ex#497