[Alberg30] pintles and gudgeons

schuylki at vanent.vanebros.com schuylki at vanent.vanebros.com
Sat Mar 1 03:13:32 PST 2003

>Suggest that you use a zinc on your rudder and bond
any new metal to it with light wire.

It was once explained to me (by someone who seemed to know) that if the
metal you are trying to protect is in the same electrolyte (seawater) the
protection of a zinc is line of sight. No hard wiring is necessary. The
whole business reeks of alchemy to me, but, for what it's worth, wear on
checkmate's bronze rudder components does not seem to be from electrolysis

Michael

 |     New England Ropes on Sale;  EXAMPLE: 1/2 inch Sta-Set only 51 cents per foot     |
 | http://www.myaffiliateprogram.com/u/sailnet/t.asp?id=1066&p=store/item.cfm?pid=25719 |