[Alberg30] Does anyone have the phone...

Hiesener, Michael hiesenerm at stripes.osd.mil
Mon Mar 3 11:35:49 PST 2003

number for ESPN :-)

Wonder what they are thinking after all the postponements and failures?
ESPN should have tape delayed the races the way OLN did in the Louis Vuitton
Cup.

OLN - Tune in at 9pm and you know if your going to see a race.
Unfortunately, they rarely showed the match you wanted to see!
ESPN - Tune in at 7 pm and keeping an eye on the TV for 2-3 hours until they
postpone for the day!

I tried to watch the racing throughout the LV Cup and AC regattas.  There
were very few good matches.  I seem to remember better racing 3 years ago.
It did not seem that exciting this time(not that sailboat racing on TV is
that exciting in the first place)

By the way ....A 60% failure rate is not that bad.  When I race I tend to
screw up a lot more that 60% of the time!
I suppose it shows how woefully unprepared NZL was,  0-5 with 2
DNFs...Ouch!!

Mike Hiesener
Terrapin #254