[Alberg30] Does anyone have the phone...

John Birch Sunstone at cogeco.ca
Tue Mar 4 12:14:36 PST 2003

Hey Oracle dropped 2 keels - Alinghi broke a mast - Stars & Stripes sank and
kaput poles n' sails galore for all.
NZ didn't push hard enough before the series to find the weak spots - big
boo boo as we all know.

Clearly the class scantling rules need a look at otherwise the technological
trickledown benefits to the average sailor are zip, nada, if the object is
only to make really fast boats that self-destruct and that being hopefully
just after they cross the finish line in the last winning race. Wait, what
am I saying .... that is the object !!! ; )

So my question is where do they put all the land fill ....? ; )

Still, loved the series - what a way to pass the winter - but I think I'll
keep my Alberg.

Cheers,

John