[Alberg30] Cockpit Floor / Hull Renovation

Mike Lehman sail_505 at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 4 19:01:14 PST 2003

what I was wondering was if there was any chance of
> gas fumes causing this sort of damage

Not likely, probably a sloppy glass job followed by years exhaust and dirt.

how
> can you tell thier strength remaining if they don't leak

If there is any pink metal, there are signs of electrolysis. Depending on
how deep the pink discoloration and overall appearance you may want to
replace the thru-hull. When in doubt, buy new ones, they are relatively
cheap.

 Did you replace the ball valves with seacocks?

If there are any gate valves - replace them. On the Alberg 30, Whitby
installed homemade thru-hulls fittings for the smaller sizes (the head
intake; the engine intake; and the galley sink intake) - if you have the
original thru-hulls here - replace them! Let me repeat - replace them!