[Alberg30] Bow chock

chrishardy chrishardy at tds.net
Sat Mar 8 06:10:15 PST 2003

I run my mooring line thru a carrabeaner sp? that is looped thru an
extra hole in my stemhead fitting then I use the usual chafing gear.
I've ripped my chocks off too they are only good for flat calm lunch or
gas stops.

Robert Kirk wrote:

>>         The original bow chocks were right on top of the toe rail.  I
>> moor the boat in the summer and have learned the hard way - a bow chock
>> and part of the toe rail ripped off.  After repairing the toe rail I'd
>> like to find an alternative place for the chock (the other one to).  Any
>> idea where else to place the bow chocks?  Thanks.
>>         Linc - Gypsy #138
>

> I thought I was the only one that happened to; I guess everything in
> an Alberg has happened before.
>
> I repaired the toe rail (tough job to scarf the replacement section in
> right) and replaced the chock in the original location since I
> couldn't think of a better rig. But what turned out to be successful,
> was to afterwards use a longer mooring pennant catenary and fit it
> with a "snubber", a heavy rubber shock absorber. This way the shock
> load  on the line and chock is minimized. It's worked well for several
> years now, and I'm in one of the bumpiest mooring fields around.
>
> Good luck,
> Bob Kirk
> Isobar #181

 |     New England Ropes on Sale;  EXAMPLE: 1/2 inch Sta-Set only 51 cents per foot     |
 | http://www.myaffiliateprogram.com/u/sailnet/t.asp?id=1066&p=store/item.cfm?pid=25719 |