[Alberg30] VW Diesel Engine

RABBIT649 at aol.com RABBIT649 at aol.com
Mon Mar 24 21:25:02 PST 2003

Which VW diesel was it? I just learned there is a 5 cyl 2.5 version of the
TDI they put in the Audi 6 in Europe and a fellow on DieselEngineTrader.com
has them for around $5,000 Brand New. What an engine! 145 HP and around 200
ft-lbs of torque. I was lusting to put one in my UltraVan motor home ( Built
in the late 60s, 23' all riveted alum monocoque  fuselage style construction
weighing loaded around 4,500 lbs with a pusher corvair engine, but crying for
more torque), but no money for big projects like that right now.
Anyone with an interest in a good diesel, take a look.
Paul
#23 Ashwagh