[Alberg30] Engine installation

Mike Lehman sail_505 at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 27 18:13:17 PST 2003

There are different stiffness in the mounts. I used the most stiff. Sorry,
that I can't be more precise that that. Yes, you need to remove the shaft if
you use a Vetus coupling. Our shafts are 7/8" and all Vetus  stuff is
metric. So I got a machine shop to turn the end of the shaft to the
appropriate size as recommended in the specs for the coupling. Re-proping is
also necessary, since you will change the power curve on the engine. Your
current prop cannot be 14" because there isn't clearance in the aperture for
a prop larger that 13". You prop may be re-useable because a prop shop can
change the pitch by a maximum of 2". My prop is a 12x10 three blade, but
that is computed by Michigan Wheel as the optimum prop for the boat,
aperture opening and power curve of the engine.