[Alberg30] Re: Throttle/shift controls

Brian and Elaine Timmins timmins at optonline.net
Sat Mar 29 14:23:00 PST 2003

Bacon's phone number is 410-263-4880
http://www.baconsails.com/
I would hope the "M" is a part of Morse Controls. It's Teleflex / Morse now.
When I redid the controls on my Alberg, the throttle was a "33C" and the
shift was a larger size cable (6400 I think). The number system has changed
since Teleflex bought out Morse, but I think it's easy to cross reference.
Your descriptions of your controls sound different than what I had. (and
have on my current boat). The Morse 33C is a very common cable. There's one
or two "Deluxe" models of the 33C as well.  You'll need to know the length
of the cables or take them out and bring them with you when you go for the
replacements.  The problem is more likely the cables being frozen than the
control levers being stuck.
Good Luck,
Brian     ex#497