[Alberg30] Sitka Spruce Boom

Brian Zinser bzinser at nmu.edu
Mon May 19 05:35:58 PDT 2003

Over the weekend I stripped the 35 year old varnish off my Sitka spruce
boom and will need to refinish. Not sure I want to use Cetol on the
boom. Does anyone have a recommendation for a brand of varnish to use
with the spruce?   Also, how fine of grit of sandpaper do I need to use
to properly prepare the surface and how many coats of varnish will it
take to get a nice finish?

Brian Zinser