[Alberg30] broken tillers?

richard.hazlegrove at wachovia.com richard.hazlegrove at wachovia.com
Tue May 6 07:16:49 PDT 2003

Have not broken one yet but realize that when they do break it's not on
that beautiful day reaching in a 10 kt. breeze.

I found that a piece lumber at Lowes (I think it was dimentional 2x2
hardwood)  fits my tiller head exactly.  I planed the corners down and
sanded it smooth where it is handled and even put a pin in for the
autopilot.  Total cost was only about $3.00.  Its not very nautical but  I
think I may warm up to it the day it comes out of my cockpit locker.