[Alberg30] Mooring to a dock!

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Tue May 6 19:22:00 PDT 2003

I'd say all you need are four breast lines, port and starboard, bow and
stern, and perhaps one or two spring lines to keep the boat from hitting
anything hard.

  - George

Yves Parenteau wrote:
> good morning everyone!
>
> I took possession of my A30 on Sunday afternoon "Chewan hull #626" in
> Kingston and motored her in Treasure Island that night.  We took her out
> yesterday in the 40 acres for a sail test and to my surprise got the toe
> rail in the water and almost 7 knots.  Keep in mind that my only sailing
> experience was on the Ottawa river and this kind of sailing occurred 3 times
> in the year. I would appreciate any comments or suggestions on how to moor
> an A30 to a dock...right now I must have about 500' of mooring line wrap
> around her and still not convince she is well secured.

   Hope your road is a long one.                        George Dinwiddie
   May there be many summer mornings when,       gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
   with what pleasure, what joy,                 http://www.Alberg30.org
   you enter harbors you're seeing for the first time;
                                            from 'Ithaka' by C.P. Cavafy